Hourly Building Rentals:
Hourly Building Rentals
Occasional uses that are less than twelve weeks, Parks Department uses and uses that are under interagency joint use agreements in operating schools are handled through building use permits. Procedures for hourly space rentals are described in the link below under this Hourly Building Rental Section. Contact Hourly Building Rental or 206-252-0640.
Building Rental online Schedules for school year 2013-2014 are not accepted at Building Rentals prior to September 2013. Community use of buildings may not be granted by the schools for at least the first two weeks of the new school year 2013- 2014 while District needs are being established.
We only accept Check or Money Orders. We do NOT accept cash or credit cards.
Upon receipt of an approved Schedule, the Building Rental coordinator will review the Schedule to ensure that the request is in compliance with School Board policies. When all the following requirements are met, a building use permit will be issued.
Community Nights in School Libraries Program
Low Cost Meeting Space For Community Groups and Organizations
(this option is not available for commercial or business organizations)
Seattle Public Schools and the City of Seattle have partnered to provide a new program that offers inexpensive meeting space for community groups and nonprofit organizations. If you are a participant in the Community Nights Program, please follow directions below on how "to submit a building rentals reservation request as a Community User (Non-District, outside groups only)." When creating your User profile, please make sure under Organizations you select Group 1c - Community Nights. For more information on this program, find out HERE.
TO SUBMIT A BUILDING RENTALS RESERVATIONS REQUEST AS A COMMUNITY USER (NON-DISTRICT, OUTSIDE GROUPS ONLY):
- Read the 2012-2013 Building Rental Rates information, Building Rules & Regulations, HB 1824, & Addendum A-Compliance Statement for HB 1824.
- Call the school first to get availability and preliminary approval.
- NEW PROCESS: Submit your room reservation request online through the SPS Community Use site at: https://www.communityuse.com/default.asp?acctnum=397473838
(If you need technical assistance in use of the SPS Community Use portal, please contact Schooldude Tech Support at 1-877-868-3833)
- Submit online Schedule at least fifteen (15) working days prior to the date of the event. A $15.00 non-refundable processing fee is due upon approval of Schedule. Filming activities require (18) eighteen working days & $50 non-refundable processing fee. See fees and information in the Film Packet for Film/Still Photography below. Late Schedules may NOT be processed.
- Insurance certificate, total payment for fees, rent & services must be received before a use permit can be issued by the District. Payment should be mailed to: Seattle Public Schools, Building Rentals MS:23-311, Seattle WA 98124-1165.
- To ensure proper credit to your account, please include applicant's name (as on the online Schedule) and Schedule number on the check.
- Once all the requirements are met, the permit will be sent to Applicant via email.
Attention: Community Users of Seattle Public School Facilities
As you may be aware, Seattle Public Schools requires insurance for use of its facilities by other than Seattle Public Schools staff and events. Proof of insurance is required to register to use facilities in the Community Use section of the Building Rental User Profile. If your group does not have its own liability insurance policy that meets Seattle Public Schools' requirements, you may purchase coverage for your event(s) through a program called the Tenant Users Liability Insurance Program (TULIP). For more information on this program, find out HERE.
TO SUBMIT A BUILDING RENTALS RESERVATIONS REQUEST AS A SPS DISTRICT STAFF MEMBER:
FSD Requesters and Non-Schedulers go to the MySchoolBuilding.com Site:
FSD Schedulers and Approvers go to the FSDirect Site:
Need a refresher on how to submit a request? Watch the FSD Webinar for the Requester user role:
CLICK HERE TO GO TO HOURLY BUILDING RENTALS FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
Leasing in Operating Schools
The Seattle Schools leases out portions of operating school buildings for child care and related programs which directly support the school program (Click here to see our current Child Care Request for Proposals). Other types of programs or activities approved by School Board policies can also lease space in operating schools.
Uses that are longer than twice a week and more than twelve weeks are handled through lease agreements. For informaton regarding these leases, please contact email@example.com or (206) 252-0633.
New tenants or current tenants who are renewing their existing lease in operating schools must fill out the entire Lease Application Packet. Current lease holders who just need to make a change in facilities use should fill out the Additional Use/Change Form only. You can fax your Lease applications to (206) 252-0111.
You can also mail your application to: Lewis Carlson, MS 22-330, Seattle Public Schools, PO Box 34165, Seattle, 98124-1165.
- Review the Basic Criteria for Leasing Seattle School District Facilities In Operating Schools and information on the Lease/Space Application Packet.
- Sample of Leasehold Tax exemption determination By WA state (for who are non-exempt., the tax is 12.84%)
- Contact 252-0110 to review your plan for leasing a district facilities.
- Contact School Principal for space availability and preliminary approval.
- Complete Space Application Packet and obtain School Principal or designee's signature.
- Applicant submits the completed Space Application Packet directly to Property Management Office no later than 15 working days prior to intended occupancy (see cover page on the Lease/Space Application Packet).
- Once the application is approved by Property Management Office, a lease would be processed
for your signature.
- Proof of insurance, security deposit, first month's rent, a finalized lease agreement and any
necessary permits & licenses for lessee's operation must be in place prior to occupancy.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
Hourly Building Rentals - Forms and Documents
|Building Rate Information||Rates information|
|General Building Rules and Regulations||Building Rules & Regulations|
|Engrossed House Bill||HB 1824|
|Compliance Statement for Zackery Lystedt Law||Addendum A-Compliance Statement for HB 1824|
|Heating/Cooling Costs Per Building||Building Category related to Heating/Cooling costs|
|Film Application Packet||Film Application Packet for Film/Still Photography|
|Addendum Request for Filming/Photography Permit||Addendum to Permit for Filming/Photography Activities|
Basic Requirements for Leasing in an Operating School
Lease Application Packet
Sample of Leasehold Tax Exemption
|Proof of insurance|
|Additional Use/Change Request Form||Additional Use/Change Request Form (.pdf)
Additional Use/Change Request Form (.xls)
Repair Request Procedure (with Request Form)
Repair Request Procedure
Repair Request Form
Building Holiday and Vacation Schedule
|FY 2012-2013 Holiday/Vacation Schedule|
Heating/Cooling Costs Per Building
|Building Category related to Heating/Cooling Cost|
Sample of Heating Cooling Cost Calculation
|Sample Heating/Cooling Cost|
Upcoming Child Care Request for Proposals
Request for Proposal for Bryant Licensed Care 2013-2014
PLEASE NOTE: The RFP Due Date for has changed to April 1, 2013 at 10:00 a.m.
Attachments 1 through 3 included in RFP Packet
Attachment 4 - Sample Part I Lease Agreement
Attachment 4 - Sample Part II Lease Agreement
Addendum No. 1
Attachment 1 - Preproposal Conference Notes
Attachment 2 - Bryant Way Behavior Matrix
Attachment 3 - Bryant School Report
Attachment 4 - Bryant Mission and Vision
Attachment 5 - Family Needs Survey (Issued Feb. 2013)