Translation and Interpretation
The Department of English Language Learners (ELL) & International Programs provides translation and interpretation to all families in Seattle Public Schools in our top eight languages (Amharic, Chinese, Oromo, Spanish, Somali, Tagalog, Tigrigna, Vietnamese).
Whom to Contact
For enrollment and general questions, families may contact staff members listed below under "Families". Please note that the staff listed below are working on a daily basis with families in the Enrollment Center and are therefore limited to checking messages periodically. Please allow 48 hours for a return call.
- Sandra Henricks, Bilingual Facilitator, Spanish (206) 252-0767
- Michael Chan, Bilingual Facilitator, Chinese (206) 252-0013
- Halima Abdule, Bilingual Facilitator, Somali (206) 252-0880
- Kim Tran, Bilingual Facilitator, Vietnamese (206) 252-0778
- Iris Viveros, Bilingual Facilitaror, Spanish (206) 252-2253
- Alfred Mar, Bilingual Facilitator,Chinese (206) 252-2254
- Narcita Eugenio, Family Advocate (206) 252-0773
- Please follow the instructions on the Translation and Interpretation Guidelines
- Provide accurate and timely translations.
- Provide qualified and trained interpreters in the top eight languages.
- Have available a central site for translation and interpretation for all schools, families and staff.