We support schools and central organizations with resource allocation, budget development, budget management and financial analysis activities.
Our overarching goal is to provide analysis, identify funding options and build balanced budgets to assist district leaders in maximizing resources for students.
It is our responsibility to:
- Meet legal obligations including the filing of state budget reports with OSPI.
- Maintain accurate projections of revenues and expenditures to ensure sound financial decisions.
- Allocate resources to implement District objectives and priorities
- Consult with schools and central organizations on the planning and status of their budgets.
- Monitor budgets and fiscal processes for improved accuracy and efficiency.
Updates regarding the FY 2013-14 Recommended Budgets
July 19, 2014 Revisions.
Budget Action Report for the FY 2013-14 Recommended Budgets
The FY 2013-14 Recommended Budgets were scheduled for adoption on Wednesday, July 24, 2013:
4:00 - 5:00 pm - Special Audit & Finance Committee Session
5:00 - 5:15 pm - Public Hearing
5:15 - 6:00 pm - Special Board Session - FY 2013-14 Budget Adoption
Public testimony sign-ups were taken starting 1/2 hour prior to the Public Hearing in the Auditorium at the John Stanford Support Center, 2445 3rd Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98124-1165.
We are always partnering with schools and other departments to meet District goals. Some of our larger initiatives, which are directly related to our primary goals, include:
- Improving the Recommended Budget document by including more details on central office operations.
- Providing online information of budgeting processes and outcomes.